Green tea is one of the best flavours of ice cream you can get. It is light, aromatic and really tasty. The best way to enjoy this sweet snack is of course to make your own. You don’t need an ice cream maker to prepare this mouth-watering ice cream. We are using cream, sugar, milk, egg yolks, and matcha green tea powder.
Beat the cream until thick, then mix the green tea with your choice of brown or white sugar, before adding in the egg yolks. Now you can stir with the milk and cream. For the best result, freeze the ice cream mixture, then stir it when it is thick but not yet set, and repeat this twice. The result will be delicious, sweet matcha green tea ice cream. For a sweet result, use 8 tablespoons of sugar. For a less sweet result, use 6 tablespoons.
- 100 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 6 to 8 tablespoons sugar (brown or white)
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 to 100 ml milk
How to Make It
- First beat the cream until it is thick enough to leave lines on the surface of the cream when drizzled on to it.
- Now you can combine the matcha green tea powder with the sugar, before mixing in the egg yolks.
- Bring the milk to a near-boil, either in the microwave or on the stove, then let it cool to about 60 degrees C or until it is not hot enough to cook the egg.
- Skim off any film that forms on the surface.
- Add the milk slowly to the matcha green tea mixture which you mix all the time.
- Add the cream and mix it in.
- Strain the liquid and then freeze it, taking it out of the freezer when it begins to set so you can stir it well.
- Repeat this twice more.